Solo Travel at Alexander House
Find your own path
Sometimes the only company we need is our own; to rebalance, take time to get in tune with yourself and set intentions. Travelling solo can feel daunting though, which is why at Alexander House we have thought of everything for you - from cosy reading nooks to suggested day trips.
Our Guest Experience Managers can help you craft your perfect solo staycation - from indulgent breaks to restorative spa experiences. Read on to discover what you can expect on your solo journey with us at Alexander House...
For some, travelling solo is second nature but if you're thinking of your first solo staycation it can feel a little challenging. How will I feel sitting by myself in a restaurant? What will I do? At Alexander House, we've thought of it all - worry not!
Your dedicated Guest Experience Manager will help craft your perfect itinerary for a two or three night break, but as standard for solo travellers you can expect...
- Use of our Reading Lounge ~ our luxurious South Drawing Room by night transforms into a space to read and relax. And, we've stocked the top 50 short stories of all time, as certified by Penguin Books, so you can read cover to cover during your stay. When you're reading, there's a drink & snack menu to accompany your reading and if you want to chat to other travellers (or not), we'll provide you with colour-coded bookmarks.
- Cosy tables in the Reflections lounge prioritised for solo travellers, if you prefer a quite corner to the bustle of the main dining room
- Extended room service menus if you prefer to stay in your own sanctuary rather than coming down to dine, including carafe measures of wine
You do you...
If you stay for two or more nights on our solo traveller rate our Guest Experience Managers (GEMs that they are!) will be on hand to help craft your stay. If you want to leave energised from your staycation with purpose and clarity, you could ask your Gem to...
- Book tennis coaching sessions on our newly resurfaced tennis court
- Book personal training sessions with local fitness guru Ben Hulme
- Plan out your dining experiences with consideration to your energy levels
- Personalise your sleep experience with a pillow menu
If your solo journey is a well-deserved treat and you want to feel thoroughly indulged, you could ask your Gem to...
- Arrange a skincare masterclass in the spa, with a bespoke facial treatment to follow
- Enjoy a wine tasting with the AG's team before a gastronomic dining experience
- Mix up a storm with a cocktail masterclass with the 1608 Champagne Bar team
- Arrange our special solo afternoon tea with Nyetimber wine flight
Finding your centre
If you're coming away for some space to breathe and refocus, your could ask your Gem to...
- Arrange a pranayama breathing lesson or other yoga sessions
- Book our signature OSKIA spa ritual for total relaxation
- Book a private hot tub experience
- Arrange herbal bath soaks with a personalised turn down experience
- Book a one-to-one workshop - perhaps a calligraphy lesson?