£30,500 per annum, (£29,000 + £1,500 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
From formal dining in the 2 Rosette Oak Room to informal dining in The Café, terraces and luxury lounges, the Chefs delight guests with their seasonal, stylish and delicious menu choices.
So come and join him develop and deliver the very best cuisine as a Chef de Partie. Part of his team of 8 Chefs and 4 kitchen porters, you’ll be supported to deliver and develop.
- Working 5 straight shifts per week 48 hrs per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated dishes to a 2 rosette standard.
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels menus.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or can relocate to the area with own transportation.
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- 4 weeks holiday increasing to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Duties will include;
- Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar/Lounge food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
- Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
- Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
- Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
- Supporting the Head and Sous Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant, afternoon tea, as well as banqueting menus
- To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen ( team of 8 Chefs + 3 Kitchen Porters) , internal communication / attending meetings.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
- Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 3 wedding suites. 38 -40 weddings per year for up to 70 guests with 100 guests for evening receptions.
Barnett Hill Hotel, part of Alexander Hotels a private Collection of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans have been completed which have transformed this venue, with 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with work recently having been completed on the Mews building to increase the number of bedrooms to 56 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Please see our website for details of the hotel, facilities and sample menus.