HALL PORTER / CONCIERGE
£23,000 per annum, (£22,000 + £1,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
Great Fosters Hotel, the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private collection of 5 luxury hotels and spas of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
5 AA Stars, 56 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award-Winning The Tudor Pass with a Michelin Star and 3 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
A smart and friendly individual is sort to welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel entrance. You will often be the first and last person a guest sees – making you an important part of their memory of Great Fosters.
Join our Front of House team working with our receptionists, and concierge to support you. As a Hall Porter you will welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel entrance. You must be someone bright, extremely well presented with a friendly, confident yet relaxed manner when dealing with the public. You will often be seen as the point of contact for all enquiries for arriving and resident guests. You must have a five-star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guests experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel to the time they leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will liaise with other departments and the Guest Services Managers to ensure guest requests get satisfied. Your main duties include.
- 5 days per week covering a variety of shifts between the hours of 7am and 11pm
- Welcoming guests on arrival to the hotel
- Introducing arriving guests to the hotel receptionist using their name
- Assist arriving and departing guests with their luggage.
- Showing arriving guests around the hotel before showing them to their rooms
- Showing guests to Hotel Reception or the Restaurants/Lounge/Function rooms for non-resident guests or those attending functions/conferences and weddings
- Answering guest queries
- Giving out information on the hotel facilities helping guests to get the most out of their stay.
- Making arrangements following guest requests; taxis, train times, car rentals, theatre tickets
- Each shift check arrivals for returning guests and VIP guests making sure returning guests and those celebrating special events are recognised and acknowledged.
- Assisting Hotel Receptionist with reception duties
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- A presence as a host on the main entrance
- Excellent verbal communication – confident yet relaxed and friendly
- Bright, warm, and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests whether hear for business, pleasure, or a special occasion.
- Ability to work shifts and weekend days outlined.
- Own transport to allow for shift work outside of public transport hours.
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid.
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition, you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme.
In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service-related holiday.
#hospitality #welcome #reception #customerservice #concierge