£23,000 per annum (£22,000 + £1,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment)
- Additional end of year service charge bonus
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
- Contributory company pension
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Great Fosters is a Luxury 5 Star, Grade One listed building set amongst 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey. The hotel has 56 bedrooms, 2 restaurants and excellent conferencing facilities.
The gardens were originally designed by W H Romaine Walker and Gilbert Jenkins. Framed on three sides by a Saxon moat, the formal gardens of Great Fosters are both extensive and exceptional. Designed to reflect the intricate beauty of a Persian rug, the knot garden is embellished with fragrant beds of flowers and herbs bordered by manicured hedges and topiary. Spectacular topiary and statuary sit within a knot garden are encompassed within a Saxon moat. A fountain plays beside an enchanting wisteria draped wooden Japanese bridge and a beautiful rose garden with arches and pergolas encircle a sunken lily pond. A lake, four ‘secret’ gardens and a majestic, grassed amphitheatre at the end of the lime avenue complete one of England’s most outstanding Arts and Crafts style gardens.
Assisting the Head Gardener, you will help to ensure the maintenance and presentation of the gardens, grounds and external areas of the property are always looking attractive. Reflecting in these high standards a sense of pride and ownership of tasks to deliver cared for and tidy grounds and gardens. They create a welcoming first impression and pleasant outside environment for hotel guests and visitors so are an important part of delivering the outstanding service.
- Completion of all gardening duties and tasks ensuring all borders and planted areas are well presented.
- Ensure top quality lawns through effective spiking, treating as well as regular mowing trimming of lawn edges and watering.
- Ensure all driveways and parking areas are clean and well maintained.
- Care for all pots/planters and plant with seasonal displays
- Carry out seasonal pruning, hedge trimming, planting and leave clearing as required.
- Ensure the safe use and maintenance and security of all tools, equipment, machinery, and vehicles used on the grounds/gardens.
- Working in a safe way taking care to always ensure guest safety and comfort in the scheduling and completion of tasks.
- April – September 40 hours per week between Monday and Friday
- October – March 35 hours per week between Monday and Friday
- Good all-round knowledge of gardening tasks
- Enthusiastic working outside throughout the year with good level of fitness and stamina for outside working
- Methodical, tidy working methods to ensure all priority areas are maintained and well-presented throughout the week.
- A smart person with a friendly disposition when meeting guests in the grounds and working with colleagues.
- Must have hedge cutting experience.
- Pa1/Pa6 spraying certificate preferred.
- Driving license required.