This role is initially for maternity cover from April – December 2024.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£35,000-£40,000 pro rata per annum with additional earning potential of up to £5k pro rata per annum through achievement of bonuses
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme
In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Our luxury Utopia Spa at the 4 Star Rowhill Grange Hotel is part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
Spread across 2 floors of pools, bubble tub, sauna and steam rooms, it offers relaxation to guests by the pool, in the hydrotherapy pool or under the monsoon showers, or in our new relaxation room.
We have 19 treatment rooms including a double treatment room as well as a gym, hair spa and beautiful gardens and grounds. Our Spa Therapists offer a range of treatments in this perfect setting to day clients, residents and local members.
This is a great opportunity to head up a thriving Spa business and have real impact on its continued development and success during our Spa Managers maternity leave.
The successful candidate will have complete responsibility for a team of 25 therapist (full and part time) as well as a team of Spa Receptionists and Spa Assistants/Cleaners. Managing and motivating the team will be key to your success both in terms of revenue, guest service, member satisfaction and safety responsibilities you hold.
The Spa Manager will manage the day-to-day operation of the Utopia Spa focusing on delivering and exceeding guest’s expectations and ensuring the commitment to high standards of hospitality through effective management of the team, resources and facilities.
- To ensure guests and members are always welcomed to the Spa and service is co-ordinated from the time they arrive to the time they depart
- Ensure the Reception team during busy periods are supported and offer tours of the spa for new visitors/members
- To monitor the presentation of the Utopia Spa in all areas ensuring the very highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and organisation. Effective rostering of cleaning staff and close liaison with inhouse maintenance to team to ensure facilities are always available.
- Complete the opening and closing procedures to ensure the Spa is fully operational and that it is secured at the end of the day
- To ensure the team are competent with reservations on the telephone as well as face to face sales of Utopia Spa Vouchers, Gift Experiences and Retail Products.
- To ensure all those on duty are fully informed of the day’s events, issued their work schedules for the day, and are focused on the priority for guest service throughout the day.
- To ensure guests and members expectations are exceeded and to put forward for discussion with the General Manager new promotional ideas to drive revenues.
- To ensure staff productivity is achieved and that all staff are well presented and offering the required levels of service.
- To be responsible for staff recruitment interviews and trade tests supported by your senior therapists. Liaising with our Group Resourcer to generate interest for new roles.
- To be competent in the delivery of all level 2 and level 3 treatment ranges on offer in the Utopia Spa so that you can monitor spa and treatment standards and implement corrective action/training where required.
- To train, coach, appraise, manage, and motivate the Spa Team.
- To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the team to take pride in their work area and performance standards.
- To actively support any spa department during peak periods.
- To ensure complaint recovery with guests and members if things do not go to plan.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance, safety and service across all Spa departments
- Ensure compliance in relation to Fire, and the Health and Safety Policy.
- Current Spa Management experience at 4 star level
- Capable of demonstrating leadership and coaching within a large team.
- Ability to demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and will ensure completion to achieve required results
- Level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy qualification, or equivalent.
- Practical therapy experience within a spa/salon.
- Smart appearance with a warm and friendly disposition that inspires loyalty..
- Maturity and calm approach to dealing with guest and staff in a professional manner.